The file responsible for displaying the “Your account has been created” message and the new account confirmation page in Zen Cart version 1.38 is located at:
This file contains the HTML and PHP code necessary to display the message and any other information related to the account creation process.
The code you provided is a tracking code snippet for Microsoft Advertising (formerly known as Bing Ads) that is used to track e-commerce transactions. However, adding this code to the
create_account_success.php file in Zen Cart version 1.38 is not the correct way to implement it.
Here are the steps you can take to add this tracking code correctly:
- Log in to your Microsoft Advertising account and create a conversion tracking tag for new customer registration. This will generate a unique tracking code snippet that you will need to use.
- Once you have the tracking code snippet, navigate to your Zen Cart’s admin dashboard and go to Configuration > My Store > E-commerce Tracking.
- In the E-commerce Tracking section, select “Microsoft Advertising” from the drop-down list of available tracking providers.
- Paste the tracking code snippet you generated in step 1 into the “Microsoft Advertising Tracking Code” field.
- Save your changes.
Once you have completed these steps, the tracking code will be automatically added to the relevant pages, including the new account confirmation page. This will allow you to track new customer registrations as conversions in your Microsoft Advertising account.
If you do not have the “E-commerce Tracking” section in your Zen Cart admin area, there are alternative ways to add the tracking code to the new account confirmation page.
One option is to manually add the tracking code snippet to the
create_account_success.php file in your Zen Cart installation. To do this, you can follow these steps:
- Locate the
create_account_success.phpfile in your Zen Cart installation. This file is typically located in the
- Open the
create_account_success.phpfile in a text editor.
- Scroll to the bottom of the file and add the Microsoft Advertising tracking code snippet inside a
- Save the changes to the
Here is an example of how the code should be added to the
<!-- Microsoft Advertising conversion tracking code -->
window.uetq = window.uetq || ;
<img src='https://bat.bing.com/action/0?ti=12345678&Ver=2&mid=12345678-1234-1234-1234-123456789012&evt=register&pi=0&lg=en-US&sw=1920&sh=1080&sc=24&tl=Create%20Account%20Success%20Page&kw=account%20registration&msclkid=1234567890abcdef' width='1' height='1' alt='mst'/>
<!-- End of Microsoft Advertising conversion tracking code -->
In the above example, replace
12345678-1234-1234-1234-123456789012 with your Microsoft Advertising tag ID, and replace
msclkid=1234567890abcdef with your click ID parameter if applicable.
This method should allow you to track new customer registrations as conversions in your Microsoft Advertising account.